Ready for publishing
Your tracks are composed, recorded, mastered, and ready to be put away and forgotten about. Certainly, that is not your goal, you want to publish them, of course! Simply uploading your music to your Facebook account is simple, yes, but reaching out to the right audiences and selling your music is easier said than done.
Publishing can be scary for some of you because as soon as you do, you expect to receive feedback and that can be a negative critic. Or even worse, nobody will notice your music. You will also get positive feedback and you can be successful in selling your music. Either way, the feedback that you receive is incredibly valuable and will teach you a lot. It will show you what your music works and where you have to improve your work. But it can also show you which audience is right for your music and how you promote your work like a pro.
But to find out how the world perceives your music, you first need to publish it!
And with this, we have already scratched on the different topics that are part of the category "Share your Music". Let's look at them more in detail.
Publish your music
- Do you give your music away for free or do you sell it? Or maybe both?
- If you sell it, which rights do you sell?
- Find the right platform and the right audience for your music.
- Receive feedback by individuals and reply to them. Communicate with your fans.
- Receive royalties (payments)
- Analyze the statistics of your sales, downloads, and listens.
Learn and improve
- Learn from the feedback that you receive.
- Compare the results you get from different platforms. Find what works and what doesn't.
- Get to know your audience and reach out to new audiences.