Merging two artists into one
We can sadly not merge two Artists into one. There are two options on how you can manage both Artists, but each has its advantages and disadvantages. To make a decision on which option best fits you, ask yourself: Which one of the disadvantages will bother me more in the long run?
Option 1: You upload all the music from Artist 1 to Artist 2. You can then delete Artist 1.
- You can manage all your music from one account. Your fans will find all your music under the same Artist name.
- As you have all your music on one account, your transactions will reach a minimum of 100 quicker and can request payment earlier.
- When you delete Artist 1, you will lose all statistics and notifications of that Artist. As soon as the music of Artist 1 is on Artist 2, it will start accumulating statistics from 0.
Option 2: You keep Artist 1 and Artist 2. You give both a very similar name (example names: "The Unicorn Paradox" and "The Unicorn Paradox feat. Rainbow").
- You will keep the statistics and notifications of both Artists.
- If you compose music of two different genres, then you can make a clearer difference between them for yourself and your fans. Furthermore, it will allow you better to test, how each genre is performing on its own.
- Your fans will not find all your music under the same Artist. Since both Artists have a similar name, they will find the second Artist when searching for you in the search bar. (In this example, if you start typing "The Unicorn Para..." into the search bar, both results would show.)