Ready to license your music commercially?
You can participate with your music in the Jamendo Catalog & In-Store services to license your music commercially. In summary, the Catalog licenses allow our clients to use your music in their multimedia projects (eg videos). The In-Store license allows our clients to play your music as the background music of their public establishment (eg shop, restaurant).
Note: to participate you first must upload and publish your music. More on this can be found here.
How do you participate - A step-by-step guide
- From your artist account, visit the menu Sign up for Jamendo Licensing.
- Here you first need to read and accept the Distribution Agreement and Certificate. These are the legal agreements upon which your music will be distributed and upon which you will receive your royalty payments. Please read them carefully! Note that both documents are always accessible in your artist account.
- When you have accepted the Certificate, it will be moderated by our music team. We check each Certificate separately to avoid any untrue applicants. This might take a few days, but we will send you an email as soon as it is done. Also, do not hesitate to check the status in your account.
- When your Certificate has been accepted, then you need to scroll down to the bottom of the page. (Remember, you are still int he menu Sign up for Jamendo Licensing).
- Here you can then select for each track if you want to apply them for Catalog and/or for In-Store. Your tracks will then go into moderation.
- Every track will be listened to separately and moderated upon its quality.
- Tracks that are waiting in the moderation queue have the icon of a stopwatch next to them.
- Tracks that have been accepted have a green checkmark next to them.
- Tracks that have been refused have a red cross next to them.
- Here you can also disable the free download of your tracks on Jamendo Music. More info on the free download can be found here.
Some notes on track moderation
- If you apply an album, you need to click on the two little arrows next to it, to see the moderation of every separate track.
- Your tracks can be accepted for Catalog but refused for In-Store. This simply means that they do not fit the music genres that we are using for the In-Store radios. The Catalog has no restrictions on music genres, but only on quality.
- Moderation can take up to two weeks. If your track has been in moderation for over two weeks, please fill in this form.
- If your tracks have been refused, you cannot apply them again. However, you can work on them and upload a new, remixed version of them, which you can apply again.