How are my payments managed?
This article will give you a detailed and comprehensible overview of your payments. Topics of this article include how your payments are calculated, when they are injected to your artist account and when you will receive them.
Throughout this (and other) article(s), we will be referring to the payment as "revenue share" or REVSHARE. This represents your share of the total revenue that is generated through the sale of a license. In other terms, the revshare is your share of the license price.
In this article, you will learn the four stages through which your money passes, before it reaches you. The stages 2-4 are visualized in Your earnings table under the menu "Transactions" of your artist account.
The four stages of your revshare:
The calculation of your revenue share.
When will my payment be injected?
Your revshare becomes visible in your artist account.
When will my payment be available?
Your revshare becomes payable.
When can I receive my payment?
- You are receiving your revshare.
1. The calculation of your revenue share
The revenue share for Cataog licenses depends on two factors:
- the number of licenses you have already sold on Jamendo,
- whether your tracks are licensed exclusively or non-exclusively on Jamendo.
The percentage thus can vary between 30% - 65%.
In your artist account, under the menu "Sign up for Jamendo Licensing". You will then see the sub-menu "How it works" including the following table together with a revenue share simulator.
You can see your revshare percentage in your artist account, under the menu "My transactions".
The revenue share for In-Store licenses is calculated as follows:
75% of the sales amount is shared with the artists and Jamendo. The remaining 25% of the revenues is deducted to cover processing fees and admin costs.
The revenue share you receive is linked to the number of your tracks that are included within the In-Store radios.
Note: When your tracks are accepted for the In-Store program, they are not automatically included within the In-Store radios. Rather, they are included to a pool of tracks, from which our music team programs the In-Store radios. Only those that are actually included within a radio generate revenue for the month they are included.
2. Your revshare is injected
Under the Full Balance column you can see all of the revenue shares that have been injected to your account, but have not been paid yet. Those revenues are not all available/payable (see more on this below).
Catalog revshares are injected as follows:
- For single licenses and track packs: at the moment the customer licenses a track, the revshare will be injected into your artist account.
- For the Catalog subscription "Unlimited music for your videos": at the first of the month is injected the revshare corresponding to tracks that were licensed the previous month (e.g. on the 1st of December we inject all revshares belonging to the tracks that were licensed during the month of November using a Catalog subscription). This is true for the monthly and for the yearly subscription.
In-Store revshares are injected...
...quarterly with a waiting period of one year. For example, in April 2021, the revenue shares of January, February, and March 2020 will be injected.
3. Your revshare becomes available
The Payable balance is that what you can request for payment, if the amount per currency is 100 or more. Once your balance reaches 100, the "Get Paid" button is activated. Note that the Payable balance is included within the Full balance.
Whether a license is payable (notion "completed" or "available") or not payable (notion "not yet available") is visible in the history of transactions.
The Catalog revshare becomes available...
- 4 months after the injection for single licenses and track pack licenses.
- at the moment of injection for subscription licenses (subscription of Unlimited music for your videos).
The In-Store revshare becomes available...
... at the moment of injection
4. You ask for payment of your revshare
Hi there… there’s $107 in my full balance butt it’s been stuck at 99.80 payable for months. This seems really fishy to me. Like, it’s stuck there so there doesn’t have to be a payout. Please make my funds available.
Please sign in to leave a comment.