When adding a track to the Jamendo Licensing program, your tags are more important than usual; this is because our moderators need to review them before accepting the track.
Correct tagging not only saves time during the moderation process but is also an important indication of how your work should be presented in our Catalog so that our customers find it faster.
Benefits? If it is easy for our customers to find your track, then you get more opportunities to sell licenses!
Here are some useful tips to make sure this is the case.
- Choose accurately
- one genre, one sub-genre, one mood, one (predominant) instrument.The more accurate your tagging, the quicker we will be able to select the appropriate theme for your track.
- As genres are constantly evolving, it is normal not to know all of them in detail, so it is always a good practice to check their characteristics, for example, online.
- Pay attention to moods. Not every orchestral track is ‘epic’. Not every corporate track is ‘motivational’. We have a wide range of moods, from sad or solemn to happy and uplifting, which can be used to accurately describe the mood of your track and then for us to include it in the right playlist.
- When adding multiple versions of the same track, use our production tags to indicate: intro, jingle, loop, stinger, etc.
- Indicate if the track is instrumental or if it contains vocals. If the lyrics are explicit, please let us know about it by selecting the correct option when editing the metadata. This shortens the time spent on moderating explicit tracks.
- Unless you reproduce a track from the classical era of music, do not tag it as ‘classical’. If the track contains orchestral instruments, it is better to tag it as ‘symphonic’ or ‘neoclassical’ depending on what you are going for.
- If your track contains piano only, please use the new tag “contemporarypiano”.
- Do not tag your tracks with both ‘filmscore’ and ‘trailer’ as these are different from one another, especially in terms of their length, but also, they have different purposes and different characteristics.
Following the above guidelines can make it easier for both our moderators and our customers to quickly and accurately identify the content you are offering.
We hope that you will find these tips helpful and useful when uploading your tracks and selecting metadata!